Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"The Ultimate Peace"

Hands that prayed for life once,
Now begs for the ultimate peace..

How easily did it pick that knife
That which oscillated between the hand & wrist
Tracing down the very lines of destiny
Like giving one last chance
Chance to breathe a little longer
And then dug deep into the veins..

Blood gushing out,
Streaming down those very hands,
Now blurring those lines of destiny
Flowing with it are
My deepest wounds,
The Pain, The Hurt
Agonies washed,
I feel the peace come on..

I see the whole world in a carousel
I am on a high,
I relive my life – in a matter of seconds
Those memories which were once coloured
Seem to fade away, some suddenly erased

I lose myself in its rhythm
A lullaby sung to me
I sink to those depths
Depths I din’t know existed – they soothe me..

Suddenly,
I suffocate
My breathing is laborious
Each breath heavier than the other
I am swathed in Darkness
I gasp, I struggle
I choke,
The insides of me churn
Emptiness seethes in
Voices around a mere echo,
My visions, they defeat me
I see the hand of death..
And I know – I have been granted the “ultimate peace”

11 comments:

Rohan said...

sucide raani, i hope this is just a thought..:P:P

Felt as real as life u know, and sometimes how the ulimate solution is not agreeable to the world but can so guarantee you peace!

How did u think about this is an answer i would love to know ?

Cheers

Zendagi Migzara said...

Hmmm.. Should I be honest? I have come close to doing this...

Then a voice inside , I don't want to die a coward.. I'll better fight and fail than never attepmting it at all.

I sound crazee I know.. But nevertheless you know how life is and what it can do to you?

No worries,M kewl now...

PULKIT said...

thats very well written!

regards
PULKIT
(http://19goes20.blogspot.com)

The Great Brown Experiment said...

Committing suicide is not the solution to everything. Is it? Well I don't want to start that lecture here LOL

But I lovvved what you wrote. The way you defined it. The thought of it gave me goosebumps :) Must say I really liked it. Just fiction haan!

Zendagi Migzara said...

@ Ms. R,
Yes it was fiction....

Opaque said...

I am not that easily impressed with poems/songs. But, I should hand it to you, this one is brilliant. Very very intense!!! I can feel the character via this one. Keep writing!!! I shall follow you from now on.

Zendagi Migzara said...

@ Brosreview
Thanks for following :)

Sharing this link, again one of my write - ups, wish to know your take on this as well:

http://sheenasimran.blogspot.com/2008/03/woman-price-you-pay.html

Hoping you would oblige.

अमिताभ श्रीवास्तव said...

nice one/
Keep writing

suman said...

hi sheensi
good works , keep it up

suman

Anonymous said...

firstly thanks for not putting a bloody pic for this poem! it helps my imagination be stable and not visualize that blood, which makes me woozy!

now to ur poem, and yeah i could feel that it was as if u experienced it...

sad but beautiful.

Arun Kumar said...

dark ...dark...very dark...slowly progressing towards death...

was searching for the word 'cold' always goes along with wrist slitting n death...:-) didn't find it though...