Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rains are here!!!


Pre - Script: I should have posted this yesterday, but my internet betrayed me...

All harried to take the Dadar local, I rush down the stairs, take the elevator, reach the lobby and guess what.. It is drizzling...

The smell of wet earth sinfully intoxicating, it fills my senses; putting Calvin Klien perfumes to shame.

I feel the raindrops embracing me in its arms. A drop of rain kisses my forehead tracing its way down my eyelashes. I blink and cage the drop in my eye. The next drop perches itself on the bridge of my nose, slides down does a somersault at the curve of my nose now hanging precariously. It dives further and melts on my lips and I taste purity. My face slowly resembles a condensed vessel.

I walk further down to the bus stop, the roads all glazed from the first showers. Skidding a little here, slipping a little there, I plod along. Cappuccino coloured puddles dotting the roads.

I reach the bus stop, waiting for my bus. The drizzle percolating through the street lights ornament the busy roads, lending a sepia tinge to the otherwise dull picture. A lone umbrella somewhere marking the beginning of thunderous season, the harsh heat temporarily put to rest. Some shading themselves with their hands, some with handkerchiefs and some with dupattas while others like me inhaling the freshly brewed air.

Once in the bus, still looking outside not content by the sight of the newly painted landscape outside, I peek through the windshield, now completely frosted by the dazzling drops of rain. A mini rainbow reflecting from the lights shone on them. The trees partially bathed now stand there in brown & green.

I alight from the bus, my sensations tingling rekindled by the fresh raindrops pouring on me. I stare at the sky above, these mild drizzles like icing sugar being dredged on this baked cake called “Earth”.

P.S: Today there is no sign of rain :-(

9 comments:

Arun Kumar said...

nice write....luved the visualization...

untimely...
here im in tamilnad roasted up in the sun...n u r singing of rain... :-)

Salil said...

My humble opinion... mmm. you 'sound' more natural with poetry.. As Arun said, this one is nice ...but I just felt you kinda forced urself to come up with it, unlike your poetry whcih is kind of free flowing. Just a opinion.

Zendagi Migzara said...

@ Arun,
Thanks buddy.. I can just imagine how bad the whether can be in TN..

@ Salil,
Opinions are always welcome..

Maverick said...

Mesmerizingly described....da first rains.....holds a special place for me too.....u r at ur very best here!

luvd it! brilliant! :)

fms1988 said...

Wow loved the way u penned this down :) i felt as though i was there ...
Lovely !

Anonymous said...

It rained heavily in Blore today !! n i just loved it :) njyd ds post a lot more for this reason :D

Anonymous said...

i love d rains! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton slode [url=http://www.louisvuittoncuir.fr]Louis Vuitton slode[/url] kyrfsv [url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Sac[/url]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url]Louis Vuitton Soldes[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url]

Anonymous said...

2013 hermes bags[url=http://www.hotbirkinbags.com]Replica Hermes[/url] stuff 2013 Hermes Handbags[url=http://www.goodhandbagsforsale.com]Kelly Hermes Handbags[/url] available for sale