Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You!!

I remember those days,
When you were mine.
You took the first step,
And made me thine,
You taught me to love,
You taught me to care,
You gave me a reason to breathe and I swear
I still live by your love…..

You swept me off my feet
Gave me arms I could cling to
You were the shade
Weary and weak, I could come to
You stood by my side and I swear
I still live by your love..

But down the line,
I let you down…
Never could I be there for you,
Never did I understand you,
Expectations I dint’ live up to
Disappointments became a part of you..
You parted ways and I swear
I don’t blame you..

Forgive me, can I say?
Believe me when I say –

You are the one and only one……

3 comments:

lefty84 said...

Hey Sheena! This one is even better than the one about your mom!

Its amazing how you keep churning off that's simple and subtle in style but packed with truckload of emotions.

Anonymous said...

who is this for? :)

whoever it is, the person is very lucky! :)

Opaque said...

A very touching ending there. Nicely written!!!