Sunday, March 9, 2008

Life

Lonely as I walk
Shadowed by the cloudy sky
Thirsty for those smiles gone by
My soul wet with tears
I close my eyes..

I sneak into the corridors of my thoughts
They scare me,
Things I would never dare, I do
Hopelessness breathes
Suffocation thrives
Death survives.

Afraid, I break into a sprint
Try to escape from the vices of my mind,
Desperate, I fall on my knee
No faith, no desire,
I want to break free…

Just then,

A tiny tot tugs at my dress,
Her healing caress,
Moist lips against my cheek
Her arms locked around my neck
The pain fades away..

Those mysterious eyes,
Unfolds -
Secrets of life and love
Her smile so divine..
Unrelenting
To the wraths of life
Her determination,
Reinforces the very reason of her existence..

She - An angel in disguise,
Makes me realize,
To value this blessing called LIFE..

Life’s like a clock’s pendulum,
You have to survive the extremes,
Sway from one end to the other
But never stop ticking…

3 comments:

lefty84 said...

Very true! Life is all about fighting against the odds and holding on even when things don't go your way.

"Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans" - Not my quote. Had read this somewhere.

Also Chetan Bhagat (Author of Five Point Someone had written about his take at suicide.

He had decided to commit suicide when he saw a street dog fighting on road. It was torn, very weak and was stoned by all people. But it had not given up. It still fought for its food and wanted to survive. Even when no one really cared for it. This completely changed his perspective towards life.
That dog turned out to be the 'Angel' for him.
You can browse for the exact article in the net. It was simply superb.

Enjoyed every bit of your writing. Keep writing more :)

Rgds,
Lefty

Anonymous said...

first verse hit the heart well!

and it just continues with a beautiful flow! its lovely!

Opaque said...

Every artist expresses something about life, at least once in their time. I did too. You can check it at my spot whenever you find some time to spare.

Your take is pretty good. Most importantly, I felt you in this one. I value that a lot.

Nicely written!!! Keep writing!!!